Is your Council Tax band wrong?

If you believe that your Council Tax banding is incorrect please contact us for advice. Council Tax banding valuations are carried out by the VOA and date back to 1993 when Council Tax started.

We have found there have been a number of cases recently where people have been approached by independent companies offering to challenge their Council Tax banding on their behalf. These companies then contact the VOA and if successful charge the resident for their services, but this is something you can do yourself without charge.

You can contact the VOA at If you are unable to use the online service you can also contact the VOA on 03000 501 501 [English authorities] /03000 505 505 [Welsh authorities].

For more information about Council Tax and your rights visit the GOV.UK website.

Remember - Checking your Council Tax band or asking for your band to be reviewed is free.

Last updated: Thursday, 2 March 2023 1:23 pm