Housing/Council Tax Benefit
- To ask for an explanation of the decision about your claim for Housing/Council Tax Benefit please contact us
- If you still disagree with the decision you must contact us in writing within one calendar month, asking for the decision to be looked at again. The decision will then be looked at by a different officer - this is called a 'reconsideration'
- We will write to you with the outcome of this reconsideration. If the decision remains unchanged you have a right of appeal if you still think that it is wrong
Before submitting an appeal to the Benefits Section please read the Appeal Information Leaflet below which gives further information. If you have grounds for an appeal, you will need to complete the Form to Appeal Against Benefit Decision below. You can also confirm in writing that you wish to appeal but you must clearly state your reasons.
Appeal Information Leaflet (PDF Document, 99 Kb)
Form to Appeal Against Benefit Decision (PDF Document, 26.95 Kb)
On receipt of an appeal we will make a final check on the decision and, if it remains unchanged, we will prepare the appeal papers and submit them to the Tribunal Service. We will also send a copy to you.
Council Tax Support
- To ask for an explanation about your Council Tax Support decision please contact us
- If you do not agree with the decision you must contact us in writing stating why you think the decision is incorrect. We will review your request and respond to you in writing with our decision
- If we do not respond to you within two months or you still do not agree with our decision you may appeal to the Valuation Tribunal
Last updated: Tuesday, 7 July 2020 11:57 am