I have just started work and no longer qualify for housing benefit. How can I pay my rent until I get paid?

If you have been in receipt of qualifying benefits for at least 26 weeks and inform the Council within four weeks of the date that you start work, you may be entitled to an additional four weeks housing benefit. A qualifying benefit is Income Based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Income Related Employment and Support Allowance, Incapacity Benefit and Severe Disablement Allowance. This is called 'Housing Benefit Run On' or 'Extended Payment'. For further information please contact the Benefit Section.