Frequently Asked Questions
An application for Building Regulations Approval for the installation in a building of a system to produce electricity, heat or cooling, by micro generation or from renewable sources will be required, unless the installer is registered on one of the following Competent Person Schemes for the installation of micro generation and renewable technologies:-
- Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors (Certification) Limited (APHC),
- Building Engineering Services Competence Accreditation Limited (BESCA),
- British Standards Institution (BSI),
- Benchmark Certification Limited (CORGI),
- ECA Certification Limited (ELECSA),
- HETAS Limited,
- NAPIT Registration Limited (NAPIT),
- Ascertiva Group Limited (NICEIC),
- Stroma Certification Limited (STROMA).
Please note that it is possible for the installer to be registered on one of the above competent person schemes but not be registered for works to micro generation and renewable technologies, it is therefore important that you ensure that their scheme registration is appropriate to the work that is to be undertaken.
- Electrical Safety and the Building Regulations (PDF Document, 116.73 Kb)
- Full Plans Application Form (PDF Document, 259.95 Kb)
- Building Notice (PDF Document, 264.54 Kb)
Showing 1 to 1 of 1