Skip to content

Please visit our Coronavirus Information page for service updates & advice:

Community Hub - If you are vulnerable and need support click here:

Volunteering - If you want to volunteer or are a volunteering organisation click here:

Need to contact us? Do it online:

Our Neighbours Council Tax Band Is Different to Ours, How Can I Query This?

Council tax property banding is decided by the Valuation Office - a separate Government body. If you disagree with your band or would like to query it, please contact the Valuation Office direct on Leicester 0300 050 1501. Further details can be found on their website.

Related Pages (5)

  • Is your property in the wrong Council Tax Band?

    Do You Think Your Council Tax Banding is Incorrect? If you have any doubts this page is contains information that would be useful. The page also contains links to the Valuation Office Agency and Direct Gov.

  • Council Tax Appeals

    This page gives information about appeals to Council regarding Council Tax decisions

  • Advice if your Council Tax is in arrears

    This page contains advice if your Council Tax is in arrears and covers the Council Tax bill, reminder and final notices, summons, court hearing and subsequent enforcement actions.

  • Council Tax Bands and Charges

    This is a list of the current charges for Council Tax by band for the Oadby and Wigston Borough Council Area. If you need to find out what Council band your property is please go the the valuation Office Agency website.

  • Council Tax Disabled Person's Reduction

    Information regarding Council Tax reductions available for people with disabilities with useful links to documents and websites.

Back to top