Skip to content

Public Access System Upgrade

Due to a planned system upgrade, information about planning applications will not be available online until the afternoon of Monday 25 September 2017.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Choice Based Lettings

We are leaving the Leicestershire Sub-Regional Partnership for Choice Based Lettings and are re-introducing our own system.

Existing customers from 2 October 2017 - What does this mean for me?

To remain on the Housing Register you will need to make a new Housing Application online on the Council’s new ‘Choice Based Lettings’ website (website address to follow). Full details will be posted on and on this webpage in due course. Active current applicants will receive a personal invitation to re-apply.

Banding and ‘banding effective dates’ will remain the same on the new system – unless there has been a relevant change in circumstances.

You will no longer be able to ‘bid’ on properties in other Council areas using the Council website. If you have a local connection with another Leicestershire District or Borough Council then you will need to apply to them directly.

If you do not have a local connection with Oadby & Wigston Borough then your application will be treated as non-qualifying.

Why are we changing - the good news

This change means that you will be able to apply, tell us about changes and bid on properties using a variety of devices including smart phones, tablet, notebook and laptop computers – and on a variety on web browsers.

You will also be able to upload your documents electronically and photographs of documents will be accepted (as long as they are clear and can be read). This means that you will be able to use the built in camera found on most smart phones and tablets to take pictures of documents and instantly upload them to your application.

New applicants

New applicants will continue to be able to apply on the existing system but should also make an application on the new system from 2 October 2017.

In summary

All council and some housing association vacancies are now advertised and let through choice based lettings.

You will need to register to join the scheme by applying online at

All applications must be supported by certain proofs and evidence. These can be scanned and e-mailed to, faxed to 0116 288 7828, or posted/handed into the council offices at 40 Bell Street.

Details of how your application will be dealt with are available at Here you are also able to place bids on available properties for which you are eligible.

Share this page:

Last updated:

Back to top